Car Accident Attorneys in Gillette
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
Even if you come away from a car crash with only minor injuries, the trauma can linger with you for a long time. When it was someone else's recklessness that harmed you or your loved ones, it is your right to make them pay for the damages they caused.
If you or a loved one was involved in an automobile-related accident through no fault of your own, you may have questions about what happens next. Often, insurance companies or adjusters will offer you a settlement that is far less than you need to cover the medical expenses, property damage, or potential lost wages you suffered because of the accident. After a collision, you should consider reaching out to our Gillette car accident attorneys at Steven Titus & Associates, P.C.
Were you injured by a negligent driver? Contact our Gillette car accident attorneys at (307) 257-7800 for a free case evaluation!
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
After any accident, make sure that you are out of danger from any other vehicles. Be careful not to move anyone who might have suffered a neck or back injury unless it is absolutely necessary, such as if a vehicle is on fire. Call emergency services right away and remain at the scene of the accident until police and other responders arrive. Answer questions any police officer asks you honestly, and provide your personal information, but do NOT take responsibility for the accident. Immediately following a crash, you do not have all the details about what happened, but if you say it was your fault to a police officer, then he or she can testify about that statement later.
Following a car crash, there is a lot that needs to be done to make sure that your interests are protected. If your accident was caused by a negligent driver, you will want to obtain a copy of the police report. Additionally, you will want to keep any documentation related to the accident, such as hospital bills, vehicle repairs, and any other relevant documents.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Wyoming include:
- Drunk driving
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Tired or distracted drivers
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Unsafe roadways and road conditions
What Are Common Injuries in a Car Accident?
Many types of injuries can happen in a car crash, but certain injuries are more common than others, including:
- Bruises and scrapes: Serious bruises can be an indication of internal injuries, so you should seek medical attention if your bruise is deep or discolored. Scrapes from contact with the road, called "road rash," can also lead to infection and need to be properly cleaned.
- Lacerations: Cuts are also quite common after a car accident, especially when glass or metal breaks upon impact. Minor cuts need to be cleaned to avoid infection, while more serious cuts require stitches to heal. Extreme lacerations are considered catastrophic injuries, and can result in the loss of a limb or require amputation after the collision.
- Internal injuries: Medical attention is required to detect and treat ruptured organs or internal bleeding, which can become life-threatening if not handled immediately.
- Broken bones: Although most broken bones are not fatal, they are painful, require medical attention, and take a long time to heal. Broken bones can make you miss work, and limit your ability to move and perform daily tasks.
- Neck and shoulder injuries: Tissue in the neck and shoulders, including muscles and tendons, can be damaged in a car accident. It’s painful, can require months of recovery, and greatly limits your mobility afterward. In many cases, surgery is required to treat the injury, since the damage to the tissue is so traumatic.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord are among the most serious injuries possible. Not only are they extremely painful, but serious spinal cord damage can result in partial or total paralysis. Recovering from spinal cord injuries can take a long time, if it’s possible at all.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Brain injuries are fatal in many crashes, and even minor brain injuries can greatly impact a person's lifestyle, personality, and relationships with others.
How Can Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., Help Me?
When you reach out to our firm, our friendly staff will discuss the specifics of your case and provide you with a breakdown of your legal options. Unlike other firms that take your case and pass it along to a paralegal or an assistant, each and every case brought to our firm is handled personally by one of our car accident attorneys.
We’re Here for You 24/7
It can be extremely overwhelming dealing with the aftermath of a car accident, which is why are here to answer your questions, day or night. When you reach out to our Gillette accident attorneys, you can rest easy knowing that we will take our time to discuss your concerns with you and provide you with the guidance you need to help you move on.
To find out more about our legal services, please reach out to our firm by calling (307) 257-7800!
- Livestock Accidents (and the Law) in Wyoming
- What Can Be Done About Wyoming’s Most Dangerous Intersections?
- The Dangers of Road Rage
- The Most Common Vehicle Accidents in Wyoming
- Wyoming Department of Transportation
Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases
Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.