Gillette Wrong-Way Driver Crash Lawyers
Wrong-way car crashes are some of the most dangerous collisions that occur on the road, often resulting in death or catastrophic injuries. These types of accidents are particularly hazardous because they often occur at high speeds and involve drivers who are under the influence of medications, alcohol, or drugs. If you were injured in a wrong-way motor vehicle accident, the team at Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. could provide the compassionate and knowledgeable legal counsel you need to pursue a claim. Call us today at (307) 257-7800 to schedule a consultation with an experienced car accident attorney in Gillette.
Although alcohol and drug use are among some of the biggest causes behind wrong-way car accidents, they are not the only ones. These are some of the most common causes of wrong-way car accidents:
- Driver error: In addition to intoxication, other mistakes made by drivers, such as distraction, confusion, and fatigue, could all lead to wrong-way car accidents.
- Poor signage: Unfortunately, not all roads have adequate or clear signage. Ramps might be unclearly marked, lack enough lighting, or foliage may be obstructing a sign, all making it difficult for drivers to know when they are traveling the wrong way.
- Road design: When highway entrances and exits are placed at intersections, this could create a risk of wrong-way accidents. Drivers might turn left, and if the turn is too shallow, they could end up facing traffic.
- Inclement weather: Certain weather conditions, such as heavy rain or fog, can make it difficult for drivers to see road signs or markings, contributing to these types of accidents.
- Vehicle malfunction: In some cases, a manufacturer or product designer could be liable for a wrong-way car accident if the cause were a faulty GPS, defective tire, or another auto component was defective, resulting in a crash.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) stated that wrong-way car accidents are far more likely to be fatal than other types of collisions due to the likelihood of them occurring at higher speeds. Some of the most common injuries sustained in these accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries, including partial or complete paralysis
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Severe lacerations
Even in cases where those involved survive their injuries, they may struggle with chronic pain or disabilities and may never achieve a full recovery.
If you get involved in a Campbell County wrong-way car accident, it is crucial to call law enforcement to the scene and, if anyone is injured, request emergency medical assistance. You should also be sure to gather the contact information of everyone involved and any witnesses who may have seen the accident occur. If you are able to, you should document the scene of the accident as well as you can by taking pictures with your phone. Most importantly, even if you do not require emergency medical assistance, you should see a doctor as soon as possible, so you can begin gathering evidence for your claim. If successful, compensation could cover the following:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Funeral costs (in wrongful death cases)
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a wrong-way car accident, the experienced personal injury team at Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. in Gillette could provide the legal counsel you need to pursue your claim. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to pay us any legal fees until we win your case. Call us today at (307) 257-7800 to schedule a consultation.
Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases
Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.