Intersection Accident Lawyers in Gillette
Intersections are some of the most common locations for crashes. Though they are designed to allow traffic to meet in a safe manner using signs and signals, drivers make mistakes or fail to pay attention without warning.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle collision at an intersection, you may be confused about what to do next. Many people will accept whatever settlement their insurance company offers, but these payouts are often far less than what you need to cover your medical expenses, property damage, and lost income following the accident. After an intersection accident, you should consider contacting our Gillette car accident attorneys at Steven Titus & Associates, P.C.
Drivers may be unaware of the correct traffic regulations, or simply disregard safety rules in place to protect people and save lives. The ways that intersection collisions occur are:
- Failing to yield at a stop sign or red light.
- Not following or being unaware of the right-of-way protocol.
- Misjudging the distance of approaching vehicles.
- Being ignorant of pedestrians or cyclists when turning right at an intersection.
- Failing to yield to an oncoming vehicle when attempting to make a left turn.
- Colliding with a car that has stopped or is attempting to turn at an intersection.
- Malfunctioning traffic signals or signs, which cause drivers to act dangerously.
Because of the complicated ways traffic flows through an intersection, there are many different types of accidents that can occur. The common accidents that take place in intersections include:
- Rear-End Accidents. Rear-end accidents occur in intersections when a driver collides with the vehicle in front of him. These accident often occur when the rear-ended driver is yielding while making a right-hand or left-hand turn.
- Right-Turn Accidents. These accidents occur when a pedestrian or cyclist is crossing the street and a vehicle attempting to make a right turn doesn’t yield in time, striking the person crossing the street. Vehicles must always yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and cyclists. This is one of the most common intersection accidents.
- T-Bone Accidents. T-bone accidents are characterized by a car colliding with the side of another car, forming what resembles a T shape. T-bone accidents are common when one vehicle is making a left-hand turn and another vehicle proceeds straight through the intersection.
- Head-On Collisions. While head-on collisions are less frequent, they can be some of the deadliest accidents. Motor vehicle accidents of this nature tend to occur when drivers are intoxicated, impaired, distracted, or overly fatigued.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an intersection accident, contact our Gillette car accident lawyers as soon as you can. Our friendly staff will discuss the specifics of your case and provide you with the legal guidance you need to move forward. Unlike other law firms that pass their cases along to a paralegal or an assistant, every case brought to our firm is handled personally by one of our experienced trial attorneys.
We know how difficult crashes are to deal with, which is why our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Reach out to us anytime and let us handle your legal issues while you focus on moving forward to better and brighter days. To find out more, please call (307) 257-7800.
Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases
Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.