Gillette Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
No one is more vulnerable on the road than a pedestrian. When reckless or distracted drivers hit pedestrians, they cause serious harm and shatter the lives of those pedestrians and their loved ones.
If you or someone you know was struck by a vehicle while on the street or in a parking lot in Campbell County, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. Let Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., investigate your case and do the work to get you the compensation you deserve. Before you talk to the driver’s insurance company or sign anything, call our Gillette car accident attorneys right now at (307) 257-7800 for a free consultation.
In collisions between vehicles, there may be fault on both sides. While one driver might have been going too fast, the other might not have kept enough space between them to stop safely. Drivers have an even greater duty to avoid hitting pedestrians, and must be especially careful in areas where people are walking. That’s not to say pedestrians are never to blame, but often, the majority of the fault falls on the driver.
Some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Improperly maintained vehicles
- Speeding drivers
- Drivers losing control of their vehicles
Injuries from any vehicle crash can be serious, but pedestrians suffer far more than anyone else in these accidents. In general, the faster the vehicle was going, the worse the injuries will be. Even a few miles per hour can make a big difference. Injuries to pedestrians in an accident usually include:
- Scrapes and lacerations: Hard contact with a vehicle or the road can result in cuts and scrapes. Even minor wounds need to be cleaned properly to avoid serious infections.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are painful and can require extensive treatment to mend properly, often leaving a victim with high medical bills.
- Internal injuries: The impact of a vehicle can cause injuries inside a pedestrian's body, which might not be detectable at first. Damage to organs or internal bleeding are very dangerous if not treated right away, so see a doctor immediately after being hit by a car.
- Whiplash: Painful injuries to the neck and shoulders are common after a pedestrian is struck by a car. Torn muscles and tendons can require months of recovery or surgery to repair.
- Spinal cord injuries: Serious injuries to the spine can result in partial or complete paralysis. Recovering from a spinal cord injury can take months, years, or the rest of a person's life.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Brain injuries are often fatal in pedestrian accidents, and even minor injuries to the brain can seriously alter someone's quality of life and well-being.
Right after an accident, the driver's insurance company will probably offer you a small settlement and try to get you to sign something waiving your right to a civil lawsuit. Don’t sign anything without first talking to a Gillette pedestrian injury lawyer about your case. It can be tempting to accept a small payment NOW, but it may not be enough to cover your medical bills to come, let alone compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Let our team fight for you. We won’t let the driver or his insurance company avoid responsibility for what he’s done. Call Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., at (307) 257-7800 to discuss your options today.
- Woman Killed Crossing Street: The Importance Of Pedestrian Safety
- Bicycles and Pedestrians - NHTSA
- Pedestrian Safety - CDC
- Wyoming's Bicycle/Pedestrian Program - Wyoming Department of Transportation
Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases
Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.