Home Deadwood Personal Injury
Deadwood Personal Injury Lawyers

Deadwood Personal Injury Attorneys

Has Another Person Caused You Injury in Deadwood?

In the 1800s, Deadwood was known for its lawlessness. Thankfully, this is no longer the case. But if you suffer a personal injury due to another person’s failure to take reasonable care, you can demand justice and receive compensation for your losses.

Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. is experienced in a wide range of Deadwood personal injury cases. We pursue the maximum compensation for our clients, whether through a trial or by reaching a settlement. Don’t be tempted to sign an agreement for compensation with an insurance company and waive your legal rights before you speak to our attorneys.

Call Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. at (307) 257-7800 for a free consultation.

Back to Top

How Do Deadwood Personal Injury Claims Work?

To receive compensation for an injury, another person needs to be at fault. That is most commonly through negligence where a person fails to take reasonable care to prevent an incident from occurring.

You can receive compensation for economic loss (medical expenses, loss of wages) and non-economic loss (pain or trauma). While not all cases go to trial, analyzing how much you could receive at trial is necessary to ensure you get a fair sum if a settlement agreement is reached.

While it is possible to sort out these claims directly with the at-fault party’s insurance company, they will likely give you less compensation than you are entitled to.

Back to Top

What If I Contributed to the Injury/Accident?

South Dakota uses a modified version of the “comparative negligence” rule that measures the amount each party contributed to the accident. If your negligence (failure to take reasonable care) was more than “slight,” you cannot receive compensation. If your contribution to the accident was only “slight,” your compensation is reduced by the percentage you are determined to have contributed to the incident.

Back to Top

What Types of Incidents Can I Take Legal Action For?

At Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., we represent a number of personal injury cases, including:

These are only examples of common cases. Speak to our team to see whether your situation warrants legal action and what we can do to assist you.

Back to Top

My Injury Happened a While Ago. Can I Still Get Compensation?

The statute of limitations allows a person to file a lawsuit for personal injury within three years of the date of an accident. If your action is against the state, the lawsuit must be filed within one year.

Back to Top

You Can Trust Steven Titus & Associates, P.C.

Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. has years of experience dealing with personal injury cases and advocating for the best possible outcome for our clients. Our Deadwood personal injury attorneys have impressive track records in court and are aggressive negotiators in settlements.

We know how stressful the aftermath of an injury can be, so let us take care of your legal affairs so you can focus on your recovery. You can trust Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. to get you the justice you deserve. Call us now at (307) 257-7800.

Back to Top

Steven Titus

Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases

Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.