Gillette Rollover Accident Lawyers
Although they account for only 3.3% of all truck accidents, rollovers are responsible for more than half of the deaths of drivers and passengers in big rigs. But truck rollovers can also cause serious injuries to others on the roadways. They can crush nearby vehicles and block lanes of traffic, causing multi-car collisions and fatal accidents. Depending on the cargo the truck is hauling, a rollover can spill large quantities of hazardous substances on the roadway, posing a serious risk to human health and safety.
Accidents to this scale are often the result of negligent drivers, mechanics, and truck companies – all of which should be held accountable when their careless actions result in injuries. If you have suffered a serious injury in a rollover trucking accident, contact the Gillette truck accident attorneys at Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. to secure loyal and determined representation. Our legal team will work diligently to ensure you receive fair and proper compensation. Call us at (307) 257-7800 to schedule a free, no-cost initial consultation.
Approximately 78% of all truck rollovers are the tragic result of driver error and 90% of these accidents are preceded by another dangerous event, as reported by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Often, drivers become fatigued due to overbearing demands from the trucking company who employed them, causing them to steer off the road. This initial act is the leading cause of rollovers.
Another key factor is mechanical failure, such as brake defects, which accounts for 54% of rollovers, according to FMCSA. These trucks might not be able to properly brake, causing the trailer to jackknife and then rollover. This is especially dangerous for unbalanced tanker trucks, which account for 63% of rollovers. If the tank is not fully loaded, whatever material inside may move around at high speeds, causing the truck’s weight to shift from side to side. Eventually, this causes the truck to tip and rollover.
The sheer size and weight of a tractor trailer or tanker can mean serious injuries for occupants of other vehicles that collide with the truck. When a big rig rolls over, it may land on top of passenger vehicles, crushing them, along with their drivers and passengers. When a tanker carrying gasoline or hazardous chemicals rolls over, it can cause fires, explosions, and leaking toxins. Common types of injuries that may be caused by a rollover accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries in high-impact collisions
- Spinal cord injuries from collisions or crush injuries
- Severe burns from spilled chemicals and fires
- Fractured bones as a result of crush injuries
- Internal damage and bleeding from blunt force trauma or puncture wounds
- Damage to the lungs from toxic chemicals
If you have been injured in a truck rollover accident in Campbell County, it is in your best interests to speak with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Your attorney will investigate the accident right away to preserve valuable evidence, such as:
- The truck’s black box can provide information about how fast the truck was going, when the driver braked, how long the driver was on duty, and other key information leading up to the rollover.
- An expert examination of the truck can produce evidence about the condition of the tractor trailer and any mechanical factors that may have contributed to the crash.
- Interviewing eyewitnesses may produce testimony to support your claim.
- An examination of the scene of the crash, including the condition and location of the vehicles involved and other physical evidence, can help your lawyer prove that the truck driver or trucking company is liable for your injuries.
- Maintenance records will also create a clear outline of the state of the truck leading up to the accident and if a mechanic or inspector missed a key detail when repairing the vehicle.
At Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., our Gillette personal injury lawyers have an impressive record in the courtroom. We can thoroughly investigate your rollover accident, determine fault and liability, secure evidence to support your claim, assess all your damages, past and future, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. We are dedicated to pursuing the maximum compensation available for our clients who have suffered serious truck accident injuries. Call us at (307) 257-7800 to schedule a free case strategy session if you have been injured or lost a loved one in a truck rollover accident.
Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases
Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.