Belle Fourche Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Suffering a road accident is extremely stressful, sometimes with life-altering consequences. For motorcyclists, the consequences of a collision are particularly devastating. Even if the cyclist is an experienced rider, they are unable to control the actions of others on the road.
Motorcyclists in Belle Fourche are at risk of many different types of accidents, including:
- Being rear-ended by a distracted or unsafe driver
- A driver colliding with the cyclist as the motorcyclist was in their blind spot
- Distracted drivers not paying proper attention
- The cyclist being in the driver's blind spot
- Drivers failing to give way
- Drivers crossing the center line and colliding with the cyclist
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from a motorcycle or car accident in Belle Fourche, call our compassionate team at Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. now at (307) 257-7800. We will provide you with the support you need, and advocate for you to receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle accidents generally result in certain types of injuries, due to a lack of protection and the way these riders fall.
Common injuries for motorcyclists include:
- Road rash – scratches, burns, and abrasions from the driver making contact with the road
- Head injuries – these can be minor like a concussion, or severe traumatic brain injuries
- Lower-extremity injuries – injuries from the hip below, particularly common when the bike falls upon the rider
- Fractures – fractures of varying degrees of severity, particularly in the wrists, arms, and legs
- Internal injuries – internal bleeding or where internal organs are damaged
The types of injuries a motorcyclist suffers and the severity of these will depend on a range of factors including the cause of the crash, how the cyclist fell, the speed the cyclist was traveling at, and what protective gear they had on.
Where the accident was the result of another person’s negligence (their failure to take reasonable care), the injured party can seek compensation from the at-fault party for a range of losses. This can include compensation for economic losses such as medical expenses and loss of income, as well as compensation for non-economic losses such as pain and loss of enjoyment.
In the tragic event that a motorcycle collision results in the death of your loved one, you are entitled to compensation for that loss. You may feel there is no way to put a figure on the loss you have suffered, but you deserve compensation for this tragedy and a sense of justice.
Where another was responsible for the collision due to their negligence, the family of the deceased can seek compensation for the loss of their loved one in their lives. This can include compensation for loss of financial support, loss of assistance, loss of prospective inheritance, or funeral/medical expenses.
Given the potential for compensation to be relatively large in these unfortunate cases, insurance companies are likely to try to offer the decedent’s family a settlement in exchange for the family agreeing not to pursue legal action. Don’t assume that this is the same figure you would receive if you went to trial—the insurance company is not impartial and will seek to minimize its own costs.
If you have suffered an injury or loss of a loved one through a motorcycle crash, and another person is at fault, Steven Titus & Associates, P.C. will fight passionately to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our experienced team can assist with:
- Identifying whether the circumstances of the crash warrant legal action;
- Determining what types of compensation you are entitled to and the likely amounts you would receive in court;
- Dealing with all correspondence with the other party’s insurance provider (who may be trying to offer you a low settlement in exchange for waiving your right to legal action); and
- Fighting for the maximum compensation available in your case, whether through a settlement or in court.
Our team has years of experience in a range of personal injury cases, and an impressive win-loss record in the courtroom. Call us today at (307) 257-7800 for a free consultation.
Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases
Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.