Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys in Gillette
There are many types of insurance you can purchase to protect yourself after an accident or natural disaster. People buy auto insurance for a car wreck, and homeowners or renters insurance for their property. To pay the bills if you become sick or injured, there’s health insurance. However, insurance companies are in the business of making money. Too often, they deny claims or refuse to pay the full amount a person is entitled to.
When an insurance company denies your valid claim, deceives you, or treats you badly for no good reason, they are acting in bad faith. There are steps you can take to force the insurance company to pay out, and a jury may award you extra compensation if they think the company was acting in bad faith.
For more information, don’t hesitate to call the Campbell County trial attorneys at Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., at (307) 257-7800 for a free consultation.
There are a number of ways in which an insurance company can act in bad faith, like:
- An insurance company misrepresenting coverage when you signed up.
- An insurance company failing to properly investigate your claim.
- An insurance company not providing the full amount of coverage you paid for.
- An insurance company completely ignoring your claim.
- An insurance company requiring you to fill out excessive forms and reports for no reason.
- An insurance company making threats against you.
- An insurance company or its agents otherwise acting deceptively.
Bad faith insurance can involve:
- Auto insurance claims
- Health insurance claims
- Life insurance claims
- Disability insurance claims
- ERISA claims
- Residential or commercial property claims
- Coverage disputes
- Deceptive trade practice violations
- Insurance code violations
Running into any of these situations with an insurance company can be frustrating. However, there are steps you can take to fight back and get the full amount of coverage you paid for.
It is a good idea to speak to a Gillette lawyer after any accident, natural disaster, or other event that involves an insurance policy. Insurance companies use many different strategies to keep from paying out on claims and keep more of their profits, and consumers are not always aware of these strategies. Attorneys, on the other hand, are well aware of these tactics. Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., can speak to the insurance company on your behalf to ensure they do not act in bad faith. If they do, we can file a bad faith insurance claim and ask a jury to punish the company.
If you have filed a claim with an insurance company and feel you were not treated fairly, call Steven Titus & Associates, P.C., at (307) 257-7800. Don’t try to fight them on your own. Call us today and we’ll give you the best chance of getting the settlement you deserve.
- Dealing With a Dismissive Auto Insurance Company
- Dealing With a Bad Faith Insurance Company
- Wyoming Department of Insurance
Your FREE Case Strategy Session
On All Injury and Criminal Cases
Contact our office right now to speak to
someone who wants to help you.